View Single Post
      04-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #35
dex37
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by atruelunatic View Post
(Didn't read the other posts, but offering my suggestion on how I tackled this same situation)

I first went with the Akrapovic slip on within 1 month of getting the car. Then I wanted a little more, but I was scared about dealing with warranty also. I decided to bite the bullet anyways after 3 months and went with the Evo and ESS tune and couldn't have been more happier. I got a CEL a week later from an O2 sensor, so I was scared about warranty issues. Just find a "mod friendly" service advisor and see what they will work with and won't work with. Mine told me that if I had another O2 sensor issue, I'd just have to come back with my OEM pipes. I suggest getting the mobile tune so you can flash back and forth between stock and tune yourself incase you need to go in for service. And when you get the tune, keep the speed limiter and rev limiter in tact. I hope you go for the Evo. Let me know if you want to hear/see any videos of it.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I've decided to get the Evo. I just have to clarify things with TÜV, because it's not that easy here. The 100 cpsi CATs are not street legal in Germany, so you have to make a "special" arrangement with a "highly-qualified" technician. However, I will start with the Delete-R first. I will definitely get a tune later. In this way I can also appreciate the power gains more.

I have heard almost all youtube videos with the Akra, but it would be nice to hear yours too.
Appreciate 0