08-06-2007, 09:16 PM   #36
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 561design View Post
No I've never played sports in my life. I was just offered a full ride on a track scholarship when I was starting college (which I turned down) and then invited to join the Jamaican olympic track team my sophmore year of college (which I also turned down). But it's ok to assume I've never played sports because I don't fall head over heals for professional sports.

You can't be serious that professional sports can be considered a level field even without drugs. The deep pockets of some of these teams makes competition a joke. Players play for the money and not for the love of the sport. I rather poke my eye out with a wooden spoon than watch grown adults whine about pro sports. You're wasting your time and money complaining about the performance of millionaires. I'm sure they enrich your life to the point you must get upset and defensive over this topic.
I guess part of the problme here is that we're talking about baseball, and your right its hard to keep it "competetive" with the lack of a salary cap, but you can't say that all atheletes play for money. Sure most do, and yes they piss me off just as much as anyone else.

Back on topic, this is an individual record we're talking about. As someone who can obviously compete on some level (although not college and the olympics ) How much does it piss you off when you here about all the friggin drug accusations for track stars and people putting track records into doubt due to the influence of drugs. How can a race be fair if one athlete uses performance enhancing drugs and the rest don't?

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0