View Single Post
      08-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
gobrigavitch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 JZB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
The Forrester probably had the best driver.
Definitely.

Driver was definitely the biggest difference between the vehicles. I'd say the other big difference was tires. The guys with the R compound tires seemed to be quite a bit quicker on average.

I looked up the official results today and it wasn't as good as I remembered. My only official time was 92 seconds. That was on my second run. On my third run I had 70 and 4th run 68. However, on both of those I went on the wrong side of one of the gates. Different spot on each one. The mistake I made on each didn't get me an advantage so I consider those how fast I would have ran if I'd not had a brain fart.

Next time I need to spend more time visualizing the course between the walk through and the first run. I wish I would have marshalled first. After marshalling I felt much more confident.

I knew I'd love it. Now I have an itch for more. I'm hoping to do the 2 day M school in early spring and maybe a road course lapping session or two next summer. Nearest road course to here is 6 hours away so it makes it a little difficult.
Appreciate 0