Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Sorry but I am going to disagree and have good evidence for doing so.

I think I agree that is might be ever so slightly abrasive. However, I am not worried about it at all. The only color that came off my Fox Red seats was black - black oily grime. It is pretty clear from my other post using a variety of products (some heartily recommended as "the best on the market") that cleaners absolutely do not get the shine out and restore the matte look. The MAIN function of this product is to grab, remove and hold contaminants and at that it is absolutely killer.
Sorry Marshall, but you're incorrect here. The Magic Eraser works by removing the top layer of finish on your leather. It is, after all, a very fine sandpaper. While you're removing the sheen (which is dirt condensed into the leather's pores), you're also removing Fox Red's pigment. By using the Magic Eraser once, you've already removed a good amount of your finish. Use the Magic Eraser multiple times and eventually you'll have no pigment left. This is why the only situation I'd use the Magic Eraser in is if I'm refinishing a leather structure and need to smooth down the surface before redying it.

If you want to get the shine out of your seats, get a brush with stiff hairs like the Swissvax Leather Brush (the brush actually gets into the grain pattern much better than the Magic Eraser) and a water-based cleaner like Leather Master Strong. The brush is the key to exfoliating the leather's pores. You can damage your seats as much as you'd like though with the Magic eraser.
Appreciate 0