Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
They released this in november and it completely went under the radar.

To me, that's a major plus. How often do you have to open lightroom (or any other software) to sort out the pictures that are on your card that are from multiple minor events / shoots... Then go back to the file browser to copy your files in the respective folders of your computer.

Its kinda rare that i'm amazed by a microsoft new feature; but this one really helps my workflow.

And from what I see; the colors of the RAW thumbnail are pretty much spot on. I have to test if the thumbnail takes the .xmp sidecar file (thus the alterations) in consideration tho. That would be totally awesome.
I only look at the Raw images on my CF card once, no matter what software I'm using. I either load them into a permanent file or they get deleted when I put the card back into the camera and reformat it. Screwing around with files while not processing is a non-productive waste of time, IME. My decision is, "Is this file worth processing and does it have a chance to be 'the best' of the 30 alternative shots that I have of this animal?" If the answer is "yes", then I save it and it will be process at least through Raw conversion.

Previewing it in a Microsoft picture viewer won't save me any real time, but why use another program? If MS is going to be slow with codecs for new cameras, that'll be enough to turn me off to using it, but I'm going to try. BTW, I ETTR (expose to the right), so the preview doesn't even come close to looking good. I simply look for pose, sharpness and processing potential.

Dave