View Single Post
      06-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #47
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matt.BLU View Post
Nice car tdott, you need to come out to the meets. I want to check out those Work VS in person.
Thanks, definitely plan to try to make it out to some. When I was at Eurocharged BBQ I saw your car and asked a few guys around it if they were Matt that owns the car, but they all said they wished that was their car, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESTNDA416 View Post
Great pics like always Tdott
Thanks J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmax View Post
To recap, it is your position that positive comments are welcome and negative feedback is forbidden. Yes? If this is the case, please clearly mark your threads in the future so we know where we can and can not speak our minds.

As for constructive criticism, it is my humble opinion that 5/6 of these vehicles should be parted out. You know which ones.
Not at all, I never did say anything was forbidden. In fact, I said to keep sharing your opinion. I merely thanked those who offered polite comments and constructive criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
I appreciate the effort to elevate the level of discourse, but I think you may have overshot the mark. Nothing about my language is in the 17th century style.

How are we to have a discussion about taste without asserting that anyone's taste is better than the other?

In my opinion, the design inspiration for the M Roadster draws from cars like the 1930's BMW 328 roadster.

If we're looking for an uncommon choice of wheel, why not follow those lines? Cars of the type and period that the M Roadster draws from had two types of wheels: wire and steel dish type (sometimes with lightening holes). The baby moons on this car are similar, but they have too much of an American hot rod look, IMO.

That's my take. It's not that I think they're ugly wheels. I think they're pretty cool wheels. I just think their application on an M Roadster is out of place.
Thanks, I was just enjoying some witty banter. No hard feelings. You are actually one of the first to make that correlation online, owner and I talked about that. They are American, but they do have a bit of a modern flare I feel with the deep dish and polished lips. While not a perfect rendition to the 1930s Roasters, you can see there is some inspiration there, take a look at some 1937ish 327s and you'll see the chrome baby moon like rim/center cap used. Add that with the fact that these wheels were easily obtainable and fully customizable diameter, width and offset for a good price. I can understand why the owner went with these.

The owner has had 4-5 different sets of wheels on there, from BBS RSs, BBS RCs to custom widened steel wheels, I'm sure this won't be his last, he likes to change things up alot.

Last edited by tdott; 06-04-2014 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0