12-14-2011, 02:24 AM   #4
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Very nice! Did you and Mike hook up yet? Did I miss the meet? How are you liking the Passport so far? I am doing the V1 this weekend with the mirror and can't wait to have a V1 back in action in this car.
yup Mike actually helped me with the wiretap, then i just routed the cables myself. SO EASY. SO far the Passport is working great. I like the GPS functions a lot and it "auto stores" false alert locations after 3 passes on the same spot - very cool. I'm toying with the idea of the Blinder M47s.....Since most cops out here use LIDAR, I figure its better to be safe than sorry It's not cheap (about $900 including install). I had no detectors of any sort on my old 335i which i had for 5 years. I don't regularly go over 85 mph on the freeways, but its nice to have for city driving if I want to go 60 in a 45...those short spurts of overtaking and feeling the M-Beast come to life

Let's see if we can all meet up this weekend? Mike and I are down in the Marina so maybe meet closer to here? Or I don't mind a road trip to your hood either. I actually am going to MRF Engineering in Anaheim this weekend to hear the MRF system and talk to Malek. Maybe you can meet me at his shop as well.