03-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #23
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrewt View Post
MaxL is right, there no longer is a "conversion cost". That was just a tactic to keep value in the Canadian market when the CDN dollar was on par last year. US cars have both metric and imperial speedometer so no need for the instrument panel swap.

Obviously some of these guys commenting in this thread WORK for dealers selling cars in Canada and are going to try convincing you to buy in Canada. There are significant savings buying in the USA.
I dont work for one

Quote:
True Canadian dealers will not honor the maintenance, but they will the warranty. So what, so you miss out on 2 free oil changes? Bring the car down to the US for inspection II.
Firstly, no one has that much time to come down to the US just for a measly service everytime?
IMO its not cost-efficient and neither would I spend the time and effort in doing that. I could invest my time else where and get a better return on my investment.

Secondly, neither can they honor certified series warranty, which is more then just oil changes! also if you read my post above, you can get service-inclusive for 5yrs/96KM (NEW cars) or 6yrs/160KM if you purchase a cert series pre-owned car, which will cover everything except GAS and TIRES

Here is the link:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...20&postcount=6

Quote:

Anyone that suggests a US car will be worthless in Canada when selling is just blowing smoke up your rear-end.
Blowing what?

Maybe you should look into it if it applies to you?
how much your US BMW is worth at a dealer and will perhaps get the true picture here

We are just trying to help the OP with all our experiences and presenting unbiased opinions of what we have seen.

I am in no part of a dealer or endorse anyone, so I speak strictly from personal experience having owned and driven cars from various marques including exotics.

Quote:

ALL cars depreciate, it's not an investment!
+ 1

Last edited by M3 vert; 03-21-2010 at 11:29 PM..
Appreciate 0