08-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #5
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
I actually had a tough time with the poll. Went with this:
Quote:
are pretty much non-existant by this point.
All automotive brands have improved across the board drastically in recent years, most noticeably the American brands like Chevy but also Korean brands including Kia and Hyundai, who are providing *serious* competition to the Japanese.
Even Suzuki is getting good reviews.

My parents bought a Kia SUV a few months back to replace an older 06 model of the same make/model. Improved in every direction, no doubt. Interior quality is drastically better as are the exterior looks. Safety, handling, and the stereo is even better.
I travel a lot with my job and am in a rental car two weeks a month. Even the rental cars I drive have pretty decent quality. Just got out of a Nissan Versa, you know, the $14k barebones from Nissan. It felt pretty good to drive and was relatively solid.

If there's an exception to this rule, I'd point at VW, perhaps ... the new Jetta is terrible next to the old one. But cars like the Jetta are rare exceptions. Overall VW probably has better average quality than it did a few years ago.

People of course still think there are stereotypes, they're not going to be erased out of people's heads anytime soon. I answered your poll based on whether I personally thought the stereotypes held any water. They don't.