09-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #26
1Sleeper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimSimma View Post
Its interesting to read the responses to my issue. I guess on these forums it's difficult to express tone of the situation and every nuance of how everything went down.The officer pulled me over within 25 yards of me passing him....I noticed him and clearly wasnt revving my engine excessively. I barely got out of 1st gear before his cherries came on so he didnt even get to hear my car for no more than a few seconds.

Me getting an aftermarket exhaust is totally on me....I get that. It's the risk I take. But his tone about my "nice car" and the way he mentioned the same thing to my wife in a seperate instance seems like he's profiling by class. The way he also threatened me in front of my kids that I will be summonsed the next time he sees me and could receive jail time seems extreme and inappropriate....over what, an exhaust????!!!!

Anyway, I've spoken to my next door neighbour who is a retired officer and he agrees that the officer I encountered is out of line. He suggested that we file a complaint directly with the Inspector of the officer's division which we will do on Tuesday after the long weekend.
That sucks. Dont worry about the yoyo's in the thread, has it occurred to any of you how much louder your car is than say an Accord or a Lexus? I guess you people bought the M3 because its quiet and gets good gas mileage? LEO's are like the people on M3Ppost. A really good group of people with a few douchebags mixed in.
Appreciate 0