Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
ah the M3 driver stereotype shines again

Stock for stock most drivers can't drive a M3 to win on the track against a AWD Audi, given equal drivers, the Audi will always win because it is so much more forgiving.
Stock for stock, the M3 has the power on the street and launching a car isn't all that hard compared to pushing it on the track. I love it when people call certain things drivers races, if you like that sort of thing.

Chipped S4 makes what...450+ at the wheel?? That is a good 100whp over the M3?
How is the M3 ever going to keep up when it has no problems putting the power down even with the extra power?

Boosted E92s? I've seen boosted E46 at some 500rwhp with Cup tires at the hands of a PRO (and I mean current racing pro, not driving instructor pro) with my own eyes and as a passanger, and it is just all over the place despite the extra 200rwhp difference, wasn't much faster than my bone stock E46, well at least not 200rwhp faster.

Fact of the matter is, the S4 is a great car as is the M3, but its hard to beat AWD on the track, and its hard to beat traction with RWD especially when you're boosted.

Then again, its just my humble opinion and what i've seen at the track, not the local street races and magazines.

But in the end, my friend bought the B8 S4 and I bought the M3, and we've both made the right decision.

Bottom line, you seriously can't go wrong with either.
Dude just because some drivers suck isnt the cars fault and doesn't mean the car isn't capable of the mission. B8 S4's making 450whp? REALLY where never heard of that last I saw the MTM's B8 S4 still lost to a stock M3 that started in the wrong gear! even B7 RS4's barely make that much power with a supercharger. Your right an S4 is a great car much better then the B7 But it will probably never be a B5 in Performance. Either way its competition for a 335i not an M3 never has been never will be.And just because it has AWD doesn't mean its a track star either but hopefully it was better then My B7 S4 that thing understeered like no tomorrow even my pegleg 545i would kill that thing on the track. Dont even bring a boosted M3 vs a Modded B8 S4 either talk about a massacre. And whatever M3 you ran def wasn't making 200rwhp over you stock M3(not that day anyway) if you were less then 5 cars behind it thats for sure. Anyway tell ur buddy to bring out his B8 S4 with a 450whp and I'd love to make quick work of that.

I ran a B5 S4 which is still faster then basically all Audis in production when modded and I walked it before I even had an exhaust or a custom tune.
and this car was making 430whp on a dyno dynamics. I was only making 360whp at the time of the run.
Appreciate 0