View Single Post
      04-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #77
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSmotorsports View Post
Yea was looking through that letter and there would have to be some major work to get the E92 the parts to compete with the c6 vettes. Basically have to get it faster than the grand am M3's to be as fast as the C6. I think 2:23 around Road America was the front runner in T1.

I have been writing letters left and right about the E92 M3 now. Comparing it to the 5.0 mustang. I got a personal response back from one person agreeing with me that the E92 M3 should be on parity with the 5.0 mustang, so anything that car has, so should the e92. But that won't happen this year because the season already started.

BTW talked to Lex today and the suspension should go out tomorrow or Friday.
Yeah, I also thought it was interesting they proposed the LS3 Camaro in the "Class 1" at 3280lbs. What are the odds of that porker making weight?

I feel like they're moving towards an "SCCA Grand Am" parallel with Touring, with a "GS" analogue and an "ST" analogue but the problem is the 'vettes, vipers, and ferraris and porsches of the world are too damn fast for GS-style cars without turning them into lead sleds. I think a class like the current T1, for two-seat purebred sportscars and a class of jumped-up family cars and stick-axle barges like the M3 and Mustang, makes sense I thought that's what we had or at least where it was going but now I'm all kinds of confused

on the suspension. Where's that "money on fire" smilie?