Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Congrats.

In the USA, all should consider Camera Canada. I used them for my 500/f4-II and 5DsR purchases, saving over 20%, getting the same free shipping and a small transaction fee to handle the import. They want you to pay with PayPal, where you get the actual posted exchange rate.

Both my lens and 5DsR were out of stock in the US and CC had them. They do a high volume, but apparently not at the same velocity as B&H and Adoroma.

Dave
Good to know!

I also keep forgetting that one of the reasons i bought local was so that i could pay in cash for most of it. The wife will NEVER notice the difference between the two lenses, but she some times notice purchases of or around a grand or so. This way, i'm paying $1000 in cash, and the rest on CC. So if she sees it i can tell her that i'm selling the old one for $800 which makes the net cost of the upgrade just a few hundo. lol The games i play. She wouldn't care either way, i think i may do this to up the excitement of getting a new lens. Does that mean i have a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
Just in time for the weekend. Nice. Enjoy the lens and don't sweat the $125, which you probably spend more on a dinner or two.
I can't hardly remember the last time we spent that much on dinner. We don't drink so, even at swanky places, or bill is hardly ever over a hundred. If we want to really eat good, we'll usually grill some steaks.

We had my parents over for dinner a few months ago and i grilled steaks, wife baked mac & cheese and had some vegetable as well. He must have asked 4 times during that meal if we always eat like this. haha. Then the following day, he texted the both of us to tell us again how good it was. A week later he texted both of us to let us know that he's still thinking about that meal. haha HINT HINT!