03-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trah23 View Post
Sayemthree i hope ur right man, have u actually read it somewhere or have some factual basis though? or anyone at that matter have any factual or some type of proof (for lack of a better word) that it can still hit the same 0-60 time?

Footie, i hope the M-DCT fixes the issure u were talking about, im not a avid racer or anything, but i still like to have some fun, and race some random shmo off the line here and there heh
Try googling Car and Driver and Road and Track on this. R&T got 4.1 secs in the coupe, C&D got 4.1 seconds in the sedan. May be flukes, but the fact that it has been produced at least twice lends some credence. In any case, being a RWD, 6MT car it depends very much of driver launching skill. DSC and EDC in the right settings can help the driver but a really good driver may not need these. I still believe that this is an honest low 4 second car to 60 and that the M-DCT transmission should be able to improve on this as well as make launches driver independent (providing the drivers aren't morons).