View Single Post
      11-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #39
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

The fuel systems in most cars have the capacity to compensate for the reduction in energy content by injecting more fuel, this extra fuel is injected is the reason why fuel economy decreases when using ethanol blended fuel.

Our Ultra 94 (I work for Suncor the parent company of Petro Canada) Is listed as a Top-Tier fuel so using it in your BMW is absolutely fine. The main issue with ethanol blended fuel is that it is Hygroscopic (AKA, it absorbs water). As long as you are burning your tank of fuel in a reasonable period of time there will be no issue with this, however, if you are planning on storing your car for an extended period (more than 2-3 months), fill the tank with some ethanol free fuel so that it does not end up absorbing a pile of water during storage. I have been using Ultra 94 in my car ever since it became available in town this summer and the car works great on it, but before winter storage, I ran the tank almost bone dry and filled up with V-Power and added a bottle of fuel stabilizer.