View Single Post
      06-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #140
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksflatlander View Post
When I get a ticket, I just think about all the times I deserved one and there wasn't a cop around to give it to me. So I'm waaaaay ahead!!! Perspective helps the attitude, you know? I have gotten a fair amount of warnings with just a good attitude.

When pulled over I try to make it a non-stressful event for the cop - they have enough stress in the job they do. Be respectful and quickly just "own up". I can only imagine how stupid some people sound with some of the excuses they come with.

To all the cops here, thanks for doing a job I wouldn't want to do. Enjoy your M3 or whatever else you drive - glad to see you enjoying peaceful civilian life you work to provide to the rest of us.

By the way, the few tickets I have gotten I have been able to get reduced in court and have been able to maintain a completely clean driving record. The "system" isn't really that bad unless you just insist on persisting with something that is against the law.
I don't really give a shit about the cost of the ticket, but my insurance will go up $200-300/year for 6 years even if the ticket is for like 12mph over. This is where the injustice lies. Is going 12mph over the speed limit really deserving of a $1500 penalty?

And BTW.....oral sex is still illegal in some states IIRC.