Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunRevn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
Sign up for a BMW CCA HPDE. You can have as much fun and great instruction for about $150 a day.
I assume you use your own car for the BMW CCA HPDE?

Thanks
You use your own car for BMWCCA events, but the instructor is IN THE CAR WITH YOU. That makes a HUGE difference. I learned a LOT more with the CCA event compared to the M-school. When your starting out, you really don't eat up your brakes or tires because you're just not going that fast, but they teach you the proper line and how to look ahead. It's a VERY controlled environment since there's an instructor in each car. They will tell you when to point someone to pass or when to pass someone. It was one of the best things I've EVER done.

Join the CCA, and you would have gotten a $500 check for buying your car.

I went to a M school in Cali, so it wasn't the official school. I don't know if the instructors are in the car with you at the mother base, but we followed them around at California Speedway.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0