View Single Post
      03-26-2008, 09:57 AM   #1133
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-Net-Automotive View Post
Anywhere in the world, when somebody provides you with a product and a service they are entitled a profit. This is how they stay in business, pay the mortgage and feed the kids!

Look at the Jewelry industry for example, these guys have a 100-200% markup, consumers don't haggle the jeweler! at the jewelry store, it is what it is !

In the car business on the other hand, haggling seems to be the birthright of every consumer out there. Customers want to beat you up, want to steal the car, and they will flat out tell you they don't want you to make a profit off of them! That is not fair!

Consumers enjoy this game, and thrive when they feel they are getting a good deal and giving it to the dealer! Consumers made dealers what they are, they have no respect for car salesmen and they are vocal about it. No wonder thousands of people are responding to this blog.

A car is a depreciating asset, a house isn't. A realtor is respected a car salesman isn't. Interesting!

The dealer in this case does not want to lose money, I think the dealer should have his own blog and state his side of the story!

Anthony Rush.
Personally, I don't have an issue with the dealer -any dealer- making money. Hell, I don't even have an issue with tricky auctions that start low to get you hooked until you are dry. That's business also and the buyer is the one that needs to be educated and aware of these practices. Again, business as usual, buyers beware, no harm done if done by the rules

But this particular case is completely different: this was an auction with a catch that did not went thru and because of that fact the seller broke the rules. We can argue another 54 pages about if this was a dealer mistake or not, but the fact remains that on eBay this type of tricky auction is completely normal, frequent and intentional. And this dealer is not an eBay novice...

So we should stop for once fooling ourselves that this was something that it wasn't.
Appreciate 0