View Single Post
      05-24-2014, 12:26 AM   #75
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

I tried to find anything about sleeping on my belly (prone).
Even if I am really tired, I can't get to fall asleep when I am sleeping facing up (supine). Once in a while, i do fall asleep facing up or side ways.

When I sleeping facing up, I tend to get weird dream. Sometimes some stupid level or bad dream or poss. nightmares. However, I do get a good dream when I sleep prone?
By any chance, do you know anything about it?

This happened even before prescription drugs.
No narcotics. Once in a while NSAIDs, ACE Inhibitors, and some supplements. I am about to get off of DMARDs fairly soon.
thanks in adv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Its something like 60% of occurrences happen when sleeping on your back. You get a sense of being terrified because after you enter REM from NREM, your brains transfer of physical feeling can't be distinguished because your body thinks you are still in an REM state. Increased / decreased heart rates are directly related to the amount of stress you feel because you can't move (aka: you are freaking out). The next time you feel you are having this, try to initiate eye movement and look around the room, for some people it gives them a sense of knowing they are in control for the duration of feeling "stuck" and allows you to focus on breathing, thus retaining a normal feeling.

We had this battle for months before she was able to control her feeling when it would happen, but you have to over power the feeling of terror before you can focus on how to ease through the episodes.
Appreciate 0