Rep
Drives: 18' e63, 08 m3 Vf 620

Garage List
2006 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Mercedes E63s  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by germen730 View Post
Hey Guys, a good friend of mines picked up a flood title e90 m3 a few months ago and he recently purchased a GTR so I am thinking about taking the m3 off his hands. I currently own a 335i fbo and has owned a few e46 m3 in my past.
I know most (if not all) will say to leave it alone but I think this situation is a bit different.

When purchased the only thing the M3 needed was a front driver/pass seat and 4 wheel bearings. Everything else on the it worked fine. I personally daily drove the M3 for a few weeks with no issues. It is a DCT and it shifts fine and drives straight as a arrow. It launches fine, handles tight. It only has about 44k miles and seemed like it was well maintained. He is selling it to me for what he paid for it 25k.

I guess my question is being that I had the opportunity to put the car thru its paces, besides resale value are there any other major issues I might encounter. I throughly inspected the car for rust and corrosion.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1034 View Post
I just picked up a flood M3 myself. Had a slight scare in the beginning that made me question my purchase but all ended well. I say go for it especially since you have had some seat time in it. Most don't get the opportunity. Regardless, I would have a PPI done since they can inspect each module for corrosion. This may also give you an idea if anything gives you trouble down the road. Best of luck.
Thank you for sharing your experience! Yes it drives good. No issues
Appreciate 0