View Single Post
      10-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
LiM3y
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Last Track Day of 2011!

I had my last track day of 2011 on Friday, running with SCDA at NHMS. Before I am out again, I will be fitting a BBK, softer tires and a harness - whether it is the quick-fit or not! You can see me hanging onto the wheel in the film

There was a fun set of cars there, a couple of Ferraris, but the most noticeable was a Carrera GT. WOW! What a car and it sounded phenomenal spooling up down the front straight. It was funny everyone was gushing over a red Ferrari, until a Noble and Carrera GT pulled into the lot, and the group turned around in unison. That's street presence! LOL The GT guy span it off at Turn 9, the turn just before you enter the oval. I didn't see it happen, but it went all the way down to the bottom of the hill (look for the left hander, and straight on from there), but did no damage apart from damaging the skid pan.

I drove like a muppet for the first three sessions, but pulled it together a little more in the last session, so that's the film you've got! The air temp was 32degF at the start of the day and it was tough to get traction. Of course, when it warmed up to 70's, I only remembered to let air out after the second session, which explains why I could get traction then either! My most endearing moment was missing a gear at Turn 3 and trying to get up the hill in neutral! Nice! I got away with it, but please pass on my deepest apologies to those who had to manouver around me.

The other outstanding incident was soem guy in a race car decided that waving yellow meant stop now, and stopped and stalled in the middle of Turn 3. Our session was stopped after 15 minutes to allow him to be towed off! You would think a "racer" would know the flags! He further caused me ire when he caused a back up at Turn 1, which resulted in me hitting a cone and knocking off a front orange reflector and giving me a nice skid mark to polish out! I went back to the cone when the track was cold at the end of the day. The reflector was inside the cone! Well, half the reflector was inside the cone, so it couldn't be used again. I think it is God telling me to get painted reflectors!

Anyway, photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/6185127...19844549/show/

Film: