Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Frozen Black F87 M2 LBB

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Piotr,

Did you order this from PCS? I didn't think you could get the frozen editions from them? I know Dave has the Frozen Grey. I got mine back in May and am now back stateside.
Hi General,
yes I did. Dave was personally involved in this process. It took us 9 months from the time I approached him about it. BMW Military Sales in Munich kept denying it, saying they don't do individual and never will. I kept pushing and so did David. They made a one time trial exception and said they will never do it again. I originally requested Frozen Black with black extended and red stitching and for some reason BMW kept denying it saying they won't do it (I know now why - the 20 US special editions are the reason). Then finally Military Sales in Munich got the approval from BMW NA that they can do one time Frozen Black US spec sedan. At least this is what I was told.

Then I met Christina Fleischer at the M Fest in Nurburging and she said she was the one that OK'd it but either the interior with red stitching or the Frozen Black exterior, but not both. Reason was it would make the 20 special editions not special since that would make it 21 (Frozen Black with black leather/red stitchin/black GTS wheels and black accents) Thank you Christina. I picked the paint.

Follow me on Insta: M3Piotr
Appreciate 0