07-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #28
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe_X View Post
That comment was meant for you and Jaykay.

#1 because I don't think you comprehended yet that the Pain management dr is mainly for the M.S. Of course the Ortho could keep giving me percocet for my rotator cuff if that was the only problem.

#2 for Jaykay calling me irresponsible with Percocet/oxycodone. Who is he to judge. Im well aware of the addiction rate and all that comes with the drug.
The pain management doctor doesn't give a fuck what is wrong with you, his job is to find a way to relieve the pain. MS, Cancer, Back problems whatever it is. MS doctor is going to focus on your disease. You're not comprehending that Pain doctors have a hundred people walk in and say "Doc, I'm hurting I need pain meds". They won't just hand you a script and let you go, they want to try to avoid narcotics if they can, which I have said 15 times in this thread and you aren't understanding. You are bitching because you feel the doctor screwed you, when he is just trying to stop you from taking pain meds the rest of your life if possible.

Pain is pain, doesn't matter to them why you are hurting, they just want to look into the pain and find a way to help you sans narcotics IF POSSIBLE. Give it time, call your ortho for one script if you have to in order to get you by while the pain doc has time to evaluate all avenues.