View Single Post
      02-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizman7 View Post
I was curious, is the standard stereo system in the M3 the optional Logic 7 system from the 3-series?

if not where does it stand compared to the Logic 7? where does the Enhanced Premium Sound package fall into those, in terms of quality I mean.

2yrs ago when I started driving in the Ultimate Test Drive event I remember driving a 335i convertible full loaded and I remember the stereo sounding awesome. fast forward to today and I pick up my new M3 coupe on tuesday and it has stock sound, but usually it seems with BMW as you good up in versions of the same series more of the options start becoming standard equipment.

Sure the stock stereo will sound better than my old Mustangs stock sound so that's fine, just curious if it would be the same as that Logic 7 system I heard or better
It seems that the jury is still out in the difference in sound quality between the Enhanced Premium Audio system and the Logic7, based on opinions in this forum. Some members say that there's no radical difference, some even say that Logic7 sound better.

The facts are that the Premium Audio has 16 speakers (Logic7 has 13), the build and thus apparent sound quality of those 16 speakers is almost aftermarket high end level, the DSP processing is apparently more detailed and OEM amp power output is more than double (825W max vs. some 380W max) the Logic7's.

IMO, it is not worth the $1900 cost as it still need some aftermarket help to really sound great. But as a OEM system it is a very, very good effort as it sounds radically better than the base system.
Appreciate 0