Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Just came back from seeing M3's live, SS2/FR sedan & MR/BB coupe

Yes, I know it's worthless without pics. My iPhone only takes blur shots of late, however.

SS2/FR sedan: Polished, prepped and on the showroom floor. No test drive, but I could start the engine. Didn't rev it, idle sounds tasteful. SS2 didn't have as much blue as I would have liked. Wife -> "I thought you said there was blue in it." "No pop" I said and the sales manager agreed. Sedan shape is great in RL. The car looks "meaner" than the old E46. The FR was extended and all I can say is it is more brick red then almost any of the amateur photos we have seen -- on my monitor, the dark BMWUSA configurator pics have it dead-on. It looks nothing like Cinnamon or Coral as some pics have made it. Wife -> "That's like a brick." The Novillo leather is noticeably better than the regular 3 serious leather and my old M's leather. Wife -> "Ooo this leather is nice and soft." Carbon leather trim looks great as others have said. Steering wheel is slightly smaller, feels nice. Sedan lacked tech package for some reason but had every other option + Nav. Wish I could have driven it and the coupe to compare EDC/nonEDC. Premium sound seemed good, didn't play with the bass much.

MR/BB coupe: Just off the truck, no PDI. Color was very dull because of this. Wife -> "Plenty of orange in that red" and I concurred. Dealer got sunroof for himself, this car was not being sold. Beige looks beige, got the official "ugh no" from the wife. Backseat room grudgingly earned acceptance for carseats. Wife -> "Boy that M5 is roomy." Me -> "Be careful what you say around me."

Good trip overall. Plus, finally, my order is in! Status 111: May Production: IB/Silver Extended Coupe, ZPP, ZTP, DCT, 19's, PDC, sunshade, Sat, USB, Premium sound.

Last edited by Keto; 03-07-2008 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0