06-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #78
jpdb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M,M2,M2,M2C,X3M,X3MC,M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
I see what they say, there really is a lot of contradicting statements from last year since in 2011 they were also saying "this is going to be the engine in coming 1M" and also "fifth time in a row", these all clearly say one thing that they were talking about N54 but then they also say what you quote, maybe in 2011 some judges really messed up, don't know. But this year there is no confusion, see my post before this one. Both N54T and N55 were competing together with 4 other engines, result and points are everywhere in internet. N54T was considered even better than the new M Performance 3.0 liter diesel (which I think a fantastic engine) and N55 was fifth only. This is how they judged, that is a fact. You can consider that a better engine, you have all the right to do so but they did not. It is a more efficient, cleaner and technologically a newer concept engine, does not impress the judges more at the end despite all these.
I have never said the N55 is better than the N54, but as a guy who have owned both of them and comparing them both in stock form (not counting mods) the N55 is the better engine, as i said in my posts before, it is very clear from the statement that what re impressed the judges was the higher output of the N54T, especially in the M Coupe with the overboost, remember that last year the original N54 was still out there in a couple of cars, so when the N54 competed with the N55 in equal outputs, the N55 got the award not the N54 im just saying that. It would be very strange that when an engine doesnt changes one year you chose one over the other and next year you exchange places. It's also very clear that the engine that won this year was the N54T, the one that was tune by BMW M, not the original N54 with equal output to the N55
Appreciate 0