View Single Post
      11-13-2008, 07:48 PM   #43
WKBRDR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quick update on my clear bra situation on my AW coupe.

My full custom hood, bumper, fenders and mirrors started to discolor after 4 months. It was very noticible on the fenders. i had the installer replace the fenders only. Now I can notice the discoloring on the hood/bumper compared to the fender becuase the fender is new and clear. I was going to bring it in to make them redo the hood/bumper but my installer talked to the manufacture (venture shield) and they said because of the type of paint that is used on the AW BMW's (and only the AW) that it for some reason discolors the film. He told me that they don't have a solution for it yet. My installer offered to take the clear bra off and give me a full refund, which is what I decided to do. So I am bra less now. I'll be picking it up tomorrow and will post how the car looks after the removal.

I'm not going to go with another material unless someone here with AW can convince me that they are not having discoloring problems on their AW after alteast 6 months of use... Any input from AW owners that had the clear bra done?

thanks

-20% Tint/GP Thunder 8500k Bulbs/BMW Performance Pedals/AFE Air Filter/Eisenmann Race
Appreciate 0