View Single Post
      11-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #32
WKBRDR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

I did full hood, fenders, mirrors and bumper.

You couldn't notice it looking at the car head on, but when I started noticing the difference between the door / fender. The door was white and the fenders were slightly off, slighlty yellowish, hard to describe but I could notice it well in different lights. I figured I would have them change the fenders first with the new material to see what it was like and I can now notice the slight difference between hood and fender seing it side by side.

The installer (in Phoenix) used a new version of the venture material than what was originally put on... so I'm hoping it won't happen again to the fenders. They are telling me they are using venture shield, but at the same time, how do I know for sure that they didn't use something else.... They are a seller of venture shield (on their website) and I requested it, but there is no way to tell for sure it's what they put on. I'm calling the installer back this week and I'm going to make them redo the hood, bumper and mirrors with this new material.

Any other comments from people with AW that had clear bra done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitromethane View Post
Wow.

I've been talking with Premier on getting it installed on my car. That's not good if it's noticeable after only 6 months. Can anyone out there who has venture shield chime in with their experience over time??? Installing it on the WHOLE care for AW is not realistically feasible, however, at least the yellow would be throughout. And that's like ~ $5k.

-20% Tint/GP Thunder 8500k Bulbs/BMW Performance Pedals/AFE Air Filter/Eisenmann Race
Appreciate 0