Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
My setup for those who are asking:

I have a go pro mounted to the outside of my back seat window. I think that's the next best thing to mounted it in the bar behind the driver. I can see the track as well as most of the driver inputs. I have a second camera mounted on my rear window facing backwards. It's nice to see what's going on back there and there's the added bonus of easily being able to place an external mic on the rear bumper.

I basically fed the mic wire from the top corner of my trunk and then back out at the bottom. I taped the mic to the top corner of the bumper because it's close to the exhaust as well as shields a lot of wind. Here's a photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiant...n/photostream/

So I have 2 camera angles and good audio from an external mic on the rear bumper. I also have a Solo DL capturing data from my ECU. When I get home I'll sync my 2 video angles in Final Cut Pro and only use the audio from the mic'd go pro. In Final Cut, you can playback your video with the multiple angles and choose which camera to use on the fly as you watch it. It's pretty slick.

After I export my video which has 2 camera angles and audio, I'll move it over to Windows. In Windows I download all my Solo data to Race Studio and export the appropriate session data as a .csv file. So now I have a video clip and a data file. I use an app called Dashware to take that data and overlay it as visuals on my video. The interface allows me to scrub the video and visual data until they both line up. After that I export the final video.

It's a bit of a process which is why I usually only do 1-2 of my best sessions, but I think it's well worth it for future reference and it's just more entertaining to watch.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0