Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munit View Post
Guys frozen colors have the same clear coat as any other car only in a matte finish and maybe slightly different ingredients but it function like any other clear coat in terms of polishing, buffing and cleaning it. Its no different to take care of. only if you get a scratch through clear coat is it a pain because there are no easy touch up or repaint options
From what I have read that is completely false. The matte finish is different from regular paint and requires special care. Basic washing only. No polishing/buffing allowed.
I bought the maintenance kit from BMW, wax, detailer and hard wax kit. About the same cost as Swissvax. I clear bra'd the entire front end, lights and mirrors, as that would get the most rock chips, etc. To answer the follow on question the clear bra is a matte finish.

In Germany I can't wash in my yard, so I take it to a self wash, use the foaming brush, rinse and spot free rinse. Drying use a good chamois and finish off with a terry cloth towel. Looks great after. When I drive it, it receives a lot of compliments and looks. At Nurburgring, a lot of people come look, ask and take pictures.

I'm looking at using a product called Cilajet for the rest of the paint on the M3, that product has worked well on my X1.

Mike
------------------
2013 Frozen Blue M3, Akropovic Exhaust
2011 Mini Clubman S
Appreciate 0