View Single Post
      12-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #9
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

There is dirt on the sidewall of all my tires as I went off into the dirt when at the track. There was actually more dirt on the tires when I first came off.

When I left the track, I put air in, about 34 cold.
When I got home, I checked the pressures (I always do this), and all tires were at 37 (since I did drive 90 miles..)

It was driven for 8 miles the next morning, but I don't not believe it was completely flat since, as I said originally, I had put air in it.
When I checked the pressures in the morning, I had 34 PSI all around, with the exception of my passenger front, which was in the 20s (I don't recall the exact pressure), I filled it to 34 like the rest. After filling the tires, i went in to shower etc etc. so I probably left about 30 minutes after putting the tire to 34 psi.
When driving to work, however, I noticed it pulling to the right (I originally fear suspension damage from going off). When I got to work I noticed the tire was flat, but I didn't have a gauge on me to check it. It wasn't flat like in the picture above.

After work, give or take 3-4 hours? I drove to the gas station, which is a couple blocks away, and put in air.
At that moment, the psi was low, about 10? (the gauge was hard to read). I put it to 34 PSI like I always do. Then I drove the car to the body shop, where it sat and sat...and then I noticed the flat (picture above), removed the tire, took it to the shop..and the rest I already mentioned above

There is a difference between driving on a flat tire and driving on a tire that is not fully aired correct?

I'm not saying I have to use it, I can of course change it.
I'm just trying to understand the situation to the best of my ability . And would rather not waste a tire if it is indeed in good condition.
Thank you all for your responses.

Last edited by persian54; 12-08-2011 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0