View Single Post
      02-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #38
VictorH
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili cheese View Post
Ran 4 x 25min. sessions yesterday at the AAA Speedway Roval with only Pagid RS19s and ATE Gold. I went with the gold for fear of warranty issues when I take the car in for service.

It was a cool day and perhaps I'm not as hard on the brakes as others (I'm not running R-Comps yet). I can report no brake fade. Pedal was really firm with good initial bite which gave me a lot of confidence coming off the high speed straights. I'll pull the pads off this evening, but I don't expect there to be much wear. I'm excited that I didn't have to purchase a BBK to get good performance!
I like the Pagid RS-19 too. I've used them for a total of 10 track days including 4 days and 500 miles at Road America this past fall. I have at least 60% of the fronts and more than that on the rear left. I think they are fantastic. I've not had any fade yet and I've had them really hot after a black flag session (no cool down). They also have the proper clips like the stock pads and if you wanted you could run then the pad wear sensors (I don't think it's necessary). They are costly, but this is one case where you get what you pay for. That's not to say that there aren't other pads that might be just as good, but these are proven and work well on our cars.
Appreciate 0