02-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #27
LiM3y
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
I used PFC 01 last season and plan to use them again this year. Never experienced any fading and have just under half the pad material left after 15 track days last season. As far as rotor friendliness... I'll probably be getting new rotors this year, but I'm fairly certain I would be no matter what pad I'd used after that many days.

They're definitely NOT a street pad - they're loud until they get up to temp.

One "con" to think about is that they don't have the clamps to hold them to the calipers (they float) and so make clapping noises when you're not using the brakes. I only noticed it when driving through the pits though.
I got this too. I thought I had "broken" my brakes since it was the first time I had DIY'd changing pads! It wasn't until I checked with Performance Friction that this was usual (but I wish I was warned!)

I used PFC-01 and Hawk DTC-70. The PFC-01 were far superior, although I did warp a backing plate and crake the covering after ~ 6 days. The DTC-70s had plenty of stopping power, but were less and less consistent towards the end of the session. I am going to try Pagids this season and hope for manufacturer sponsorship! (yeah, right! LOL) and see which brand is the best for me
Appreciate 0