04-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #61
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
The E92 M3 may have a slightly better power to weight ratio (if any) than a 997.1S, however it is certainly not "substantial". Depending on the weight you are using (3704/3131 Manufacturer's claims, respectively) they're each at 8.94/8.81 give/take. I realize that there may be slightly different weights in the real world but the delta shouldn't change that much.

FTR, I used 3131 from an internet source but thought the S weighed in at 3175 which would return a 8.94 even. Shave another 100 lbs off the M because some believe it weighs less and the spread is still very close.
I think the difference is larger. Find truly apples to apples curb weights for the two cars. Keep in mind the curb weight includes driver. IIRC Porsche did (or does) use dry weights. That makes a world of real world difference. Now that being said 3700 with driver 100% fuel, all options and a few kg of "luggage" weight (which is all in the spec) is actually very reasonable for the E92 M3. It sounds heavy but its dry weight also sounds refreshingly light.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0