02-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #50
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
My hat goes off to Mercedes on this one. Guys give them a round of applause because regardless of what you like or don't like, they did a "special edition" the right way. In regards to price there's no way this will be more than the bs and if it were well it would totally kill the 507 image. They created this car for the people who are amg fans who want more than the regular c63 but can't afford the bs version. Great marketing on their part and it makes sense since the car has probably attracted communities of people who really enjoy the car. I'm not expecting anything really from BMW because let's just count how many "editions" the e9x m3 has had in its lifetime. Right too many to remember or to care. Hell one was called just edition! And to whoever said build it and they will come is spot on. Just look at the performance exhaust. That late into the life cycle of the car with that type of price tag and there are still FORUM members who have it. Imagine all the non enthusiasts that have it on their car and miss that add on on the sticker price. Regardless of what BMW dishes out against the 507 it will sell. Lime rock is so stupid IMO but it sells and people love it when it offers nothing more than a normal m3. Last tid bit for the people complaining the hp/l ratio; just look at what bolt ons for the amg do versus what they do for the M
Appreciate 0