View Single Post
      03-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #1149
DCMotorer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 MINI Cooper

After following this thread closely for the last three days I decided to join in order to express my support for Ken. While I recognize that there are good and bad dealers out there, I have little patience or support for most dealers and salesmen. When I bought my MINI Cooper a couple years ago I spent a ton of time shopping around at various car dealerships of several different brands. The MINI dealer where I ended up purchasing was one of the few that I didn't feel was trying to screw me (however, I wasn't very impressed with the BMW side of that same dealership).

Unfortunately many car dealerships are still stuck in their old ways and do not recognize the demand among consumers for a new business model in the sale of cars, nor do they recognize the power of word of mouth, especially in the internet age. The overwhelming outpouring of support from various car enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts alike has been amazing to see.

In today's age of internet business, you either get it or you get left behind. Those businesses that don't will suffer and even die if they don't adapt to changes in consumer demand or fail to recognize the power of the internet. Somebody here mentioned the recording industry and record stores earlier and I think that's a great example. Another is the struggles of American car manufacturers. They became too large and out of touch with consumers and now they're being killed by other companies that actually do "get it."

It's good to see all the support for Ken and hopefully the pressure placed on the Husker Auto Group will continue until they make it right. If they do, they may have a chance at salvaging their reputation, but if not, they may be in for some tough times. All of us "bloggers" who "have too much time on our hands" will make sure of that.

(P.S. I did a little write-up on my blog offering my perspective and to help get the word out to the 5 people that read it, http://dcmotoring.blogspot.com/2008/...internets.html)
Appreciate 0