07-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthboundMisfit View Post
You're running 38 psi and getting even wear? Road tyres? Done any track days on them?

Sorry, by "outsides" I meant both edges of the tyre (so inside edge and outside edge). The centre is fine, which makes me think the tyre pressure is too low, otherwise I'd expect the tyre to wear a lot more evenly.

I'm wondering if it's normal for these cars to eat rear tyres more quickly than fronts? I recall a conversation with another owner who said he replaces rear tyres more often.
That is weird as it would indicate pressure is too low. What brand tyres are they and have you had a recent alignment? Maybe they've got weak sidewalls and they're buckling on corners?

I've always run my cars at 38-39. Current tyres on the M3 are Conti 5P. My wear is really even, perhaps a tiny bit more on the front which would be from the track sessions. It's surprising because I run max camber and have tracked these tyres a few times when I haven't been able to get the slicks on. The inside edge of mine is worn the same as the outside edge, so maybe it is related to alignment/neg-camber and hard cornering
Appreciate 0