Steved
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Thanks for that insight Steved.

I was very surprised that he would have let his own car get as low as 1mm of tread as like you said this is illegal and in his profession would be embarrassing to has to explain to the police. But 1mm would effect the grip on both the acceleration run and the hot lap but the actual difference between giving 100% and an easy to drive 85~90% may only amount to a half second a lap difference or in other words wouldn't have affected the outcome one little bit.

Did he happen to mention why the brakes performed the way they did, an outlap and a now semi-hot lap shouldn't have left the car with no brakes. Was there any explanation from him on this point as this is of more concern than the car's inabilities to match it's performance figures.
Chris had a pair of new PS2s in his car during the day, knowing that he would need them, but did not fit them until after the test. They did look next to useless when I saw them, so not surprised about the lack of grip. He didn't mention why the brakes performed so badly but I've heard from other owners that the standard pads are very soft and overheat quite easily. The race pads that I used in Marbella would not have faded, so its a simple change of pads to remedy.
Appreciate 0