11-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #33
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Derple View Post
Yes street tires will burn up before r-comps, and they will come back faster than r-comps too. But don't you think it is a useful skill to learn, to look after the tires, on a tire where it happens more easily and is more easily felt and controlled?

Am I wrong about this thread? Is the focus here about learning the most or is it about the ultimate HPDE speed setup?
I agree but my point was that street tires may heat up and get greasy so quickly that it spoils the learning process and the overall experience. On some tracks, street tires may hold up longer than on others though.

And a beginner won't/shouldn't drive r-comps to the limit. However the extra grip margin may come in handy if a corner was underestimated.
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0