11-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #684
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Dealers say that 'modules crap out' during updates...

Is it true... Well, partially.

This is something that was much more rampant back in the day when Progman and SSS was used. Ever since ISTA/P was released, module failure is a rare occurrence.

The real truth of the matter is that they usually don't want to update it because in some cases it takes hours, and that causes them to lose a workable bay for another car that can be pushed in and out.

I have updated hundreds of cars without a single module failure. Most people wind up getting the BPMFlash cable which kills two birds with one stone - the 240E update, as well as a performance tune suited for the vehicles modifications. You can't go wrong there.

If flashed properly, there is absolutely no reason for any module failure, especially when updating only DCT/DME and not the entire car.

I probably updated 10 DCT's and DME's last week to the latest versions, as a newer DCT version was recently released. Zero issues using the factory ICOM and the factory software from Germany for updating modules.
Can you pm me pricing on the 240E update? Thanks!
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0