12-01-2007, 11:00 PM   #43
paulyd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Dude? Where did you receive your formal education? So nice to hear from you. By the way, profanity doesn't make you look smarter or bolster your arguments, actually just the opposite. I didn't know you were also Swamp's sidekick. Like E said, Swamp can probably handle his own debates. Anyway, sounds like you have already mastered the heel and toe technique and are moving on to bigger and better things. You seem to be a ski enthusiast. You need to experience the Powder, in these here mountains. It just may change your viewpoint about life.
swears are what happens when I have to endure illogical argument from mainly your mouth.

swears are what you attack because you couldn't refute anything I said, because it makes sense. You should try it. People wouldn't destroy you so often.

I am not swamps sidekick, nor will I ever be anyone's sidekick. That said, I approve of those who use reason, which swamp uses the majority of the time. And I disapprove of those who are illogical, especially when they purport to be logical. Enter you. Maybe you will understand if I put it this way: If you made a reasonable point, I would be your 'sidekick'.

I have experienced powder. What that has to do with anything related to this topic, I have no idea. I am fond of nature, including powder. And I am fond of skiing. Since you brought up skiing, I'll just take 30 seconds to re-destroy your logic- this time with a skiing example.

A few yrs back, something called 'parabolic' skis were invented. The sidecut of the ski was shaped in an arc which helped in turning. Put the ski on its edge, and it 'wants' to turn. You could say it 'turns FOR you'. So everyone adopted these new 'shaped' skis and threw out their old, 'straight'(edged) skis. Progress. Nobody said, "ohhhhh, but I was just learning to master the art of turning on straight skisssss"!!!

In case you missed, it this is whats called an analogy. The shaped skis represent progress (DCT), and the straight skis represent pointless inefficiency (manual).

If you ski, I hope you ski to your hut with straight skis- make that wooden skis since you are anti-innovation (composite skis). And once there, you grab some sticks and get rubbin.

Don't bother responding until you can reconcile your inconsistency in adoption of technology vs. denouncement.
Appreciate 0