CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X6M Competition DG

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
A scary moment

I was heading northbound on I-95 from Miami to Boca Raton one Tuesday afternoon. The weather was clearing up from a morning shower so the roads weren’t completely dry but then again not soaked. In other words, there wasn’t any mist brought up from the road when driving.

Traffic started to slow down significantly up ahead due to an accident so I merge all they way to my right to take the next exit and avoid the bumper-to-bumper traffic. It was stop and go for a while from there on.

I glanced at my rear view mirror and I see this Ford F-150 approaching awfully quickly behind me. The driver obviously wasn’t aware that I was stopped and so I reacted; well I attempted too.

I wanted to move left but on coming traffic was too busy and by the time I wanted to move right it seemed too late. I sat back and braced for impact.
The driver of the F-150 slammed on his breaks and turned right onto the grassy hill along the right side of the freeway. He slid around for a bit and managed to get back on the road as if nothing happened.

I honestly thought, “This is it! My brand new car is FU*KED!” I just picked up my M3 Saturday so you can imagine the tension and suspense.
Anyway, that’s my story.

Moral to the story is always pay attention to drivers behind you, next to you and in front of you at all times! Especially when stopped on the freeway.
Appreciate 0