View Single Post
      12-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #34
Tony B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, MW, ZCP, 6MT

The darker the colour the less you appreciate the contours of the E92 and the carbon roof just gets completely hidden.

I have Mineral White and it looks stunning in bright light, it is definitely not just any old white.

I also have 6MT, and have loads of experience of DCT. If I spent a significant amount of time on track in my own M3 I might have specced DCT, because there, in those circumstances it is brilliant. As it is, all of my track time is in cars provided by BMW, which have DCT. In normal road driving I find DCT way too uninvolving and it just takes away the pleasure of manipulating that superbly responsive engine. Every shift, up or down, fast or slow, is an event to be savoured.

The latest manual transmission cars have a much better clutch action than earlier ones and even in heavy traffic I do not regret my decision, as the clutch is light and first gear is low enough for trickling along at less than walking speed without any effort. I do not find the shift action particularly notchy, especially if I get the rev matching right into 2nd. Sure, lazy shifts into 2nd will be a bit reluctant, but working for your pleasure is all part of the pleasure...

Go for it. There will never be a better - or any other - opportunity for a manual, naturally aspirated high revving masterpiece like this car.
Appreciate 0