11-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #743
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
Turn three at NHMS might be an exception for some cars. It's a 180 degree right-hander with a sudden transition to a steep grade about halfway through.
You and I have discussed the "tossability" criteria a bit in another thread, and yes the above turn you mention is spot on. That is one of the few turns in the 7-8 tracks I've driven on that I feel the need to really throw the car in there and kick the tail out intentionally to rotate and set it up, so I fully agree with you about how and if this criteria becomes an issue on the track. Even then the E92 M3 does surprisingly well compared to the E30 M3--you just have to fight it more than the E30.

However, I still do not get why this criteria would matter all that much on the street. I don't really care if a Corolla changes direction all that much faster than a Camry (or my Expedition) as I go about doing my daily driving, but maybe that's just me. Actually, that is one of the reasons I am considering selling my E92 now that I own a track car and don't plan to drive the E92 on the track all that much. I don't really know what to do with it during my daily commute. It sure is a nice car to have and appreciate, but I might put the money to better use in rebuilding my E30 and paying for the house I just bought.