03-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #46
RevFreak14
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRideTheWhip View Post
People like him are also the reason the current M3 is 3700 + pounds and it's people like him that have killed off true M cars. I will NOT be buying the next gen M3 for that exact reason. It's going to be wwwaayy too heavy(Already a porker.) New Gen 911 or Cayman/S hopefully.

People can complain about how there is no heated steering wheel, and how the trunk doesn't open by itself, and how the doors won't close by themselves, and how people want an M Sports car with X Drive.

Next thing you know, people want it to be the next S class. They expect it to stop and go in traffic by itself also. It's "suppose" to be a freaking sports car. Not a car your driver takes you around in.
I'm actually going to disagree with you. You're on the right track when you say you want a true sports car and your next car will be a Porsche. IMHO the M3 hasn't been a TRUE sports car for a long time. The E46 ( which if I'm honest, I liked better than the E92 ), was fairly heavy for it's time, and had navigation and other luxuries that made it heavier than it needed to be. The M3 ( again IMHO ) is a great car because of it's versatility to be a very good DD and a very good sports car. There are better DD, and certainly better sports cars, but none that do both as far as I'm concerned. Again if you want a TRUE sports car, I imagine the GT3 or a Cayman S would be much more to your liking. And judging by how BMW continues to add "unnecessary luxuries" to all their M cars, I imagine BMW also disagrees with your assessment. Perhaps YOU, bought the wrong car.
99 Lexus GS400 - Gone
Appreciate 0