09-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #58
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90 awd View Post
That valve cover is plastic, is it going to melt????
we don't think it will melt the valve cover with the lava wrap in place around the DP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Where's the wastegate going to dump? What's he going to do about a radiator fan? And was the anti surge really necessary for a pt62? Just weird things I noticed.

Pretty awesome, a manifold that requires the head to come off takes some serious dedication. Can he at least get the turbo on and off with the manifold on? One day I'll learn to fabricate like that.
- the wastegate is going to dump to atmosphere, just behind the radiator fan and shroud.

- see updated pics for radiator fan solution. it is not the OEM fan, and yes, it will be on the backside of the radiator.

- as far as the anti surge goes, well, surge is surge. its a "better safe than sorry" precaution, and will help some in the event of a BOV failure, which we're not worried about either...again, just another fail safe and peace of mind. perhaps Brian or Shawn may have something more to say about it.

- i believe the turbo can be removed/swapped while the manifold is still mounted to the head & block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
based on where the wastegate is i'm guessing its an open dump?
that's the plan