View Single Post
      08-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #87
rmmcdaniel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3

My guess is that at a minimum, all M3s (E90, E92, or E93) will have the new iDrive from October production forward. My logic for that is based on the fact that the new '6NF Smartphone Integration' option is available from October production forward and I would assume that it requires a specific codeline in iDrive to handle it. I don't see why they would add that codeline to the old iDrive that is being phased out. I would think it's specifically tied to the new iDrive's software, thus, if 6NF is available from October forward, the new iDrive will be in all cars that can be ordered with 6NF.

And I know the M3 (at least E90 variant) can be ordered with 6NF as I just changed my order to include it this morning and have received a copy of the updated Vehicle Inquiry Report from my CA that lists it along with my production number and confirmed order status. I haven't called BMW NA to see when my new production date is as I assume it won't be available until tomorrow after some kind of overnight batch processing takes place within CenterNet (BMW ordering system). I will update once I get the new production date.