View Single Post
      02-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #13
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Well, his dick is bigger. That notwithstanding, I have been contemplating the M5 or M6 myself as a possiblity for my next car. ( I am very happy with my M3, but I am always thinking about the next car)

My main concern with these cars is traction. That much power and torque seems way too much for RWD and/or the tire sizing that BMW has chosen to put on these cars. I have also always contended that the M3 sits smack in the sweet spot of enthusiast cars. Will the less dynamic feel of an M5 or M6 leave me disappointed, or will the pure power be enough to compensate.

Anyone else here thinking about an M5 or M6 as their next car?
I'd consider adding them to the M3, not replacing. Got to play in an M6 convertible the other day. Beautiful car, inside out. But that thing is a boat. I felt like I was sitting in a cave in that car. And as a guy that DIY's, that engine bay is so crammed with pipes and hoses that you can barely see the spark plug covers.

I wouldn't start looking at these cars until they are probably $40k, kind of like where the current V10's are right now.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0