View Single Post
      08-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #447
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
Man, i have to say i've been having the ideas of divorce after 2 1/2 years of marriage. It just seems like we are not going in a good direction or have the same goals in life. My wife has gone through 3 jobs so far, quitting 2 and getting fired from one. She does not contribute whatsover to the home chores. No cooking or cleaning. When she stays at home, she just sits on the couch watching tv. I work my job, come home and cook dinner and clean up every day.
I've even just gave up at point and didn't do anything, I held out a month, but once the bathroom starts molding and crap, i mean come on. I feel I married a loser. She doesn't even want children, which i think would be her savior to hide behind.
I'm scard of divorce like people have talked about here though, because of how bad it can be financially and with her not having a stable job, I feel like I'd just have to pay for her. It's like I'm at the point I could care less being with women anymore (not turning gay), just living alone. I did it a couple years before her and was pretty happy.
Damn, dude. That's where I was, too. Plus she was not much fun and had no sex drive of her own. I envy you for figuring it out after only 2.5 years. It builds tons of resentment and is a huge hit on self-esteem when you do everything and get nothing in return but someone to hang out with. Sounds like she's using you. It's a big hole to climb out of via counseling...probably impossible... so unless you have strong feelings (other than neediness) I'd suggest cutting your losses and moving on. I did after 13 years an am super happy now and dating all kinds of fun, ambitious, fit, sexy, independent, successful women, every one of which wants a serious relationship. I get my pick when I'm ready to settle down, and have tons of fun in the mean time

Foxrus: unless your ex's new guy is loaded, she probably would've taken forever to remarry. I will never be in a relationship with someone who has (or, probably, has ever had) lots of consumer debt.

Last edited by carve; 08-22-2013 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0