11-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #13
ManAndMachine
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80M3 BG KO, '17 Taco Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
That's an excuse... it shouldn't need to be "driven hard" to enjoy it. Bottom line is your comment may be true but it should not need to be... as I said, drive a Porsche... it's 6MT feels great around town, on the track, whenever.

P.S. Why is pulling away from a cold start or putting around town not a true representation? It is how you drive 80% of the time. If it isn't a true representation the real issue is that it SHOULD be!! Again, I'm not saying the 6MT isn't a decent transmission... clearly it is... but it is a weak spot for the M3 compared to the rest of the car. The mere fact that it only feels good when being pushed is proof.
Not an excuse,I'm just telling it like it is.That's the way it was designed apparently.You gotta complain to the engineering team about that.I drive the car like it likes to be driven,with a bit of urgency.And enjoy it for what it is,no complaints here.

I used to own a 997 gt3,I'm well aware of the good and bad attributes of both transmissions.The M3's transmission has it's own character,and as a driver you gotta adapt and learn to use the system to your liking.

No car out there is perfect and neither is DCT.
Appreciate 0